Monday, June 13, 2011

Good-bye Chicago Theater - June 12, 13 - 1911 and 2011

Rita's Entries:
Monday June 12, 1911
Lesson at 10.  Pretty good.  Much gossip in the hall.  Left fiddle at Wagners to be fixed.  Double quartette rehearsal at 4 - rather later.  Mrs. S., Tin, and I went to last performance of School of Acting.  Dandy!  4 plays - 3 dramas - rather heavy.  Rainy.

Tuesday, June 13, 1911
Ma Smith and I washed all A.M. and part of afternoon.  I slept rest of the time.

IN RITA'S DAY:  Judging from the entries, Rita was very close to her landlady and landlord, Mr. and Mrs. Smith.  They did a lot of things together and in these last days before Rita leaves Chicago, she starts to call Mrs. Smith "Ma" at times.  It will be a big adjustment for Rita leaving the life of Chicago to return to Iowa.  Pictured here are some of the theaters she visited in 1911.

Judy's Entry: Sunday, June 12 and Monday June 13, 2011
After church on Sunday, Doug came over to fix windows.  Then Diane and I went to Danbury to get a gift for her husband's retirement - an I-Pad.  Later Doug and Cathy took me and Mom out to dinner.  They told us they are going to "elope" to Las Vegas.  I say "Good for them!"  Monday I had a mammo and then Mom and I went to mall.  Mom bought 3 tops and got her hair done.  Later in the day I took a long walk with Diane.

TODAY:  Tony awards on Sunday night.  Best play "War Horse."  I really want to see it and also "The Book of Mormon" which won the most awards!

No comments:

Post a Comment