Monday, February 28, 2011

Entries for February 26, 27, 28 -- 1911 and 2011

Rita's Entries:
Sunday, Feb. 26, 1911
Wrote home.  Went to Crowls.  Met Maude S. up town.  Had a delightful day.  Dandy dinner.  Read roses as favors.  After dinner Tin went calling - Ed, Mary, Maude, Fran and I walked in Jackson Park and "U" campus.  Had my fid. so we had music like old times.  Tin sang a little.  Home about 10.


Jackson Park

Monday, Feb. 27, 1911
Lesson at 9:30.  "Pretty good" for double stop.  Took last of concerto.  Am to play it all on Thurs.  Practiced.  Started record of mail rec'ts to see whether Tin or I get most mail.  Tin ahead so far.  I feel in my bones that everyone will write me this week.  Cards from F. R. L. and Sadie MacD.  Letter from home.

Tuesday, Feb 28, 1911
Home all day.  Much practice.  Fran home early - tried to sleep.  Mrs. S. played for us all evening.

IN RITA'S DAY:  Rita did a lot of practicing so I wondered how she might sound.  The following link from YouTube shows a professional (named Bruni, sort of like Rita's teacher Brune) playing some of Firillo's Etudes that Rita must learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q98iFLTi3c&feature=related

Judy's Entry: Monday, Feb. 28, 2011
At last I am caught up with this blog!  My grandmother spent a lot of February playing the violin.  I spent a lot of this month taking care of my daughter and doing that stupid puzzle.  But it is completed!  See below.

No comments:

Post a Comment