Monday, March 14, 2011

Entries for March 12 and 13 - 1911 and 2011


Rita's Entry: Sunday, March 12, 1911
Tin and I went to S.S. and church.  Our teacher Mrs. Houston is a dandy.  We enjoy her ever so much.  Snowed and blew.  Gave up going to Crowls as I had planned.  Fran phoned said they wanted to go with me.  We all went and had a grand time as usual, music - reading - fortunes, etc.  Ed and I went to delicatessin shop while F and F phoned Tin in Evanston.  Got home about 11.  Fam. here all night.  I slept in with Tin.

Rita's Entry: Monday, March 13, 2011
Sleepy.  Went down with Fran.  Mr. S. perfectly grand.  Got along very nicely.  New concerto is beastly hard.  Dandy talk with Miss Wade and "the Pole."  Practiced three hours this afternoon.  Shed tears and felt mighty ble all evening over certain unkind and sarcastic remarks about my practice.  Wonder if I make remarks that hurt her like hers did me.  I surely hope not.  I wouldn't wish an enemy to feel as I do just now.

IN RITA'S DAY: Church was such a big part of a lot of people's lives.  The church above was established in 1911 and might be the one Rita settled on.  Sounds like one of her friends (Fran?  Tin? ) needs a bit more "do unto others" lessons.  It's strange to feel for someone 100 years after the hurt!


TODAY: The pastor at the church I attend announced that our church (above) just became a member of facebook, and if we were facebook people, we could go online and "like" the church??  Very strange new world... but not enough reason for me to go on facebook.  I did see the film about it "The Social Network" and it is some kind of world changer.  No wonder the creator was the Time Magazine "Man of the Year."

Judy's Entries: Saturday, March 12 and Sunday, March 13, 2011
On Saturday went to art class.  I guess we decided to take the 3 week extension but that won't start until 2 weeks from now.  Then got ready for company.  Diane and I took a walk for over an hour.  Nice to catch up.  Sunday after church, put out our "spread."  Family from Texas arrived at 2pm.  Lots of talk and eating.  Played with the Wii that my son lent us.  Everyone very tired since we missed an hour over night (day light savings) and their plane left Texas at 6am.


No comments:

Post a Comment