Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Entries for March 14, 1911 and 2011

Rita's Entry: Tuesday, March 14, 1911
Home all day.  Practiced 3 hrs and 59 minutes.  Stopped then for I played a difficult octave rien so well I was afraid to play it again for fear of spoiling it!  Fran and I walked an hour and a half.  Perfect day.  A little cool.  Letter from Sara Grand.  Just a dandy.  Wonder if my blues weren't good for me.  Hope so.  There should be something good in everything.

IN RITA'S DAY: One of the most famous violinists of the day was a woman, Marie Hall (see picturebelow).  I wonder if she was any inspiration for Rita Hall???  I can't imagine how difficult the "octaves" were that Rita had to practice.  A picture of one set is at the beginning of this page.


Judy's Entry: Monday, March 14, 2011
Busy day with fun things.  So nice to have family around.  My nieces and I played outside in the remaining snow bank in front of my garage.  Then the six of us went out to lunch at the local diner (pretty typical food).  Then we went shopping for supplies for our pizza party.  Watched family videos in the afternoon.  My son and his fiancee came for our pizza party and brought two pizzas from their favorite place.  Then we also had three homemade and one with a Boboli crust.  Played Cranium after eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment