Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Entries for March 30 - 1911 and 2011 (Music and money)

Rita's Entry: Thursday, March 30, 1911
Paid Mrs. S. in the morning.  Harmony at 10.  Fine.  Lecture because I haven't heard T. Orches.  Tried at once to get tickets and failed - none left.  Pretty good lesson.  S. nearly made a break about certain monkey looking in at the door.  Ha Ha!

IN RITA'S DAY:  It seems Rita was trying to get tickets to the Theodore Thomas Orchestra.  This was the Chicago Symphony.  It was named after its founder (see picture) from 1905 (when Thomas died) until 1913, then it got its current name - Chicago Symphony Orchestra.  The ticket to this concert was 25 cents (Rita did get a ticket in another week).  She also paid her room and board, which was $11.00 for two weeks.

TODAY: A ticket to the CSO is $40.00 to 101.00 for the main floor.  (Tomorrow's performance).

Judy's Entry: Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Spent the morning baking cookies.  Took Mom to the mall for her perm.  While waiting, I got a new cell phone.  Decided it was time to start to text and be able to take pictures.  Of course I tried to text my daughter but had the wrong number and sent a text to my friends home phone instead of her cell phone!  Once home I made frosting for the cookies and my son came and ate a bunch... the rest are for MJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment