Thursday, January 6, 2011

Entries for Jan 6 - 1911 and 2011

Rita's Entry, Friday Jan 6, 1911 - Chicago
Unpacked and practiced.  After lunch I went down to school alone.  Got along beautifully.  Mr. Sebald is the funniest man I ever saw!  Can hardly even understand him.  Very interesting.  Will have to work hard but guess I'll like it fine.  Fran, Tin and I had a grand time in the evening.  Laughed.  Fran sketched and I posed.  Tin got harmony.  Looked at old Kodak books.

Judy's Entry, Thursday Jan 6, 2011 - New York
Today is my mother's 88th birthday (Rita's daughter).  While we were waiting for a delivery of flowers from my brother (her son living in Texas), I did a little research on the things mentioned in my grandmother's diary.  First, the school she attended is called Chicago Musical College.  At the time she attended, the school's administrator was Flo Zeigfeld, the father of the famous Broadway man.  Her instructor, Alexander Sebald, was a Hungarian and a protege of Franz Liszt.  I found a letter she received from the college when she graduated... but more about that in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment