Friday, January 7, 2011

Entries for January 7 - 1911 and 2011

Rita's Entry: Saturday Jan. 7, 1911
Weather: Fine.  Class lecture in pedagogy by Mr. Maryott at 9:30 in Ziegfeld Hall.  At 11 a recital: 2 pianos by Paul Stoye and Ida Bell Field.  After lunch Fran went to Evanston.  Tin and I wrote letters.  I practiced.  Tin went with Ed Crowl for chop suey.  We sat at dinner till 8.  Mr. and Mrs. J sat in our room till 10 eating candy & looking at Kodak pictures.  Should have practiced more but new bowing is awful on my arm.  Letter from Ma.

Judy's Entry: Friday Jan. 7, 2011
Snowed in again today.  Not as bad as blizzard right after Christmas, but about 8 inches.  Passed some time trying to figure out who my grandmother's friend "Tin" was.  Used the Internet and found out lots of interesting things.  "Tin" is a Vietnamese man's name meaning "think" (not on the right track here!)  Also, sometimes "Tin" is nickname for "Christine" (maybe) or Lizzie (from "Tin Lizzie").  Anyway, also found out other interesting trivia... President Taft got stuck in a bathtub at the White House!  Downloaded a book on the Presidents to my Kindle since I know virtually nothing about the Presidents before FDR.  Also, got some images of Rita to put on this Blog. 

1 comment:

  1. Well done! You're up and running....and piano lessons, too!
    I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete