Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Entries for January 5 - 1911 and 2011

Rita's Entry: Thursday Jan. 5, 1911 - Chicago, IL
No trunks.  Letters from Fred Taylor and Merle Saint.  Rah, Rah.  Helped with dishes and gossiped.  Fooled around.  At 1 Tin and I went to school.  Dr. Ziegfeld, grand.  Have first lesson with Sebald Friday.  Am to have a few harmony lessons to try.  Visited Tin's class.  Interesting lecture by Miss Fleming.  Met some dandy girls.  Fran out with Joe for dinner - evening.  More gossip.


Judy's Entry: Wednesday Jan. 5, 2011 - New York
100 years ago today, my grandmother continued her music education studying violin at college.  Today I continued the study of piano that I started 50 years ago!  I think my instructor, who is younger than my daughter, was pleased that I know the fundamentals.  Earlier in the day, I took my mother to a senior citizen meeting at the firehouse.  She is beginning to know people.  Hopefully some day soon, she will let me drop her off there.

No comments:

Post a Comment