Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jan 4 Entries: 1911 and 2011

  Rita's Entry: Wednesday, Jan 4, 1911 - Central Iowa USA:
Cold!  Finished packing.  Saw some neighbors.  Heard that a train might come between 10 and 11.  Tin and I went down and found that a wreck at State Center blocked all trains.  Went home.  Train came at last about 4:40.  Started for Chi.  Long tiresome trip (Written  on train). 
 Later:  Kedzie - suit cases.   3:30 a.m.




Judy's Entry: Tuesday, Jan 4, 2011 - New York, USA
Well, doing these diaries has taught me that my grandmother and I have several things in common - the most obvious of which is that we both can write some boring stuff!  However, 100 years ago my grandmother is off to music college in Chicago and headed for some interesting times... While I may not be unless I change course, so... the first thing I did this morning was put away that 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle.  Then after morning exercise, I signed up for piano lessons!  I start tomorrow.  I think Rita influenced me to a certain extent since music was a big part of her life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment