Saturday, January 8, 2011

Entries for Jan. 8, 1911 and 2011

Rita's Entry: Sunday, January 8, 1911 - Chicago, IL:
Weather - windy and cold!  Tinnie and I started to go to Evanston Avenue Congregational Church.  Couldn't find Aldine Ave.  Walked about a mile.  Came back on Clark - found our street and followed it up to find the church.  It was an old thing with sign saying the church had moved.  So we came home.  Al came about 3.  A little after 4 we (Al, Tin and I) went to Evanston.  Al with a lot of nerve went into lunch with the girls.  First man who has dared.  Joe H. came later.  Played - sang - made fudge.  Home about 11:30.  Pretty good.

Judy's Entry: Saturday, January 8, 2011 - New York
Got more snow than I expected - still, I don't mind shoveling the walk and the driveway by the garage.  I have to be extra careful to get all cleared now because my 88 year old mother worries about falling.  Doug drove us (me and his grandmother) to a steak house tonight.   Came home for dessert and to watch football playoff games.  Spent time while game was on looking at old postcards of Chicago (like the one of Aldine above).  Imagining what it was like for my Nanny.

No comments:

Post a Comment